Better Active Pty Ltd T/A Jumpa ABN 16 613 968 157 (referred to in this document as “Jumpa” or “we” or “us”).
- Protection of your privacy and personal information
- What personal information does Jumpa collect?
In order for us to supply services and benefits to you, we need to collect certain personal information about you. This personal information may include your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, email address and other contact details, bank account, credit card details, credit history and other financial details, occupation, government identification numbers (such as a driver’s licence number or passport number) and details of your use of our products, services or benefits.
Jumpa may seek to collect sensitive information from you. This is purely for statistical purposes. Your individual sensitive information will not be shared with any other organisation. The statistical results of any analysis may be shared with our business partners.
You do not have to provide us with any personal information, however, if you do not do so, we may not be able to complete a transaction you have entered into, finalise payment of a product or service you have requested, make delivery of a product or service you have ordered, grant credit terms, validate your entry in a promotion, or otherwise provide you with the products, services or benefits you have requested.
- How Jumpa collects personal information
Jumpa may collect personal information in a range of ways, including:
– when you provide it directly to us, for example, by submitting it to us via our website, via any electronic or paper forms you submit to us, or by you providing information to our representatives by telephone, email or any social media networks through which you liaise with us;
– in the course of providing you with a requested product, service or benefit;
– from third party service providers, business partners, including, without limitation, commercial associates or credit reporting agencies;
– from publicly available sources;
– from electronic tagging mechanisms such as cookies
– from our records of your use of the service; and
– when we are required to do so by law, for example, when we are required to verify your identity from certain documents before supplying a product, service or benefit to you.
- Why Jumpa collects, uses and discloses personal information
Jumpa collects, uses and discloses personal information about you in order to supply our products, services or benefits to you, or for related purposes, for example:
– performing credit checks;
– billing for your use of our services; administering your use of our products, services or benefits;
– business planning and product development;
– informing you about problems with our products, services or benefits;
– informing you about ways our products, services or benefits, or your use of our products, services or benefits, can be improved;
– reviewing and improving our products, services or benefits;
– providing you with marketing and promotional material, including by direct marketing (see 7, below), information about other products and services, including products and services provided by our commercial associates (unless you tell us that you opt-out of the use of your personal information for these purposes, as detailed below);
– receiving professional advice, such as legal or financial advice;
– where required or authorised by law
– where required or authorised by law, including law enforcement and national security agencies and other government and regulatory authorities
– doing anything we are required to do by law or on the direction of a relevant authority, including to assist in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud protection, detection and prosecution.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties who work with us in our business (located in Australia or overseas) including, without limitation, any of our commercial associates, suppliers and business partners, agents, consultants, professional advisers to help provide, promote or improve the products, services or benefits we provide, or where authorised or required to do so by law.
For example, we may disclose your personal information to:
– our billing and debt-recovery service providers;
– our information technology suppliers; and
– the ANZ Bank, PayPal Australia, eWay (or other internet payment gateway providers we choose to use) and Google Analytics, as set out in 5 and 6 below.
Jumpa may also disclose personal information in circumstances where it is authorised or required to do so by law, and in circumstances where we consider it is appropriate to do so in order to ensure laws are complied with, for example, to reduce the occurrence of fraud.
- Use of your personal information by Financial Institutions
Jumpa engages Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (“ANZ”) and PayPal Australia Pty Limited (“PayPal”) to supply merchant facilities to us. These merchant facilities allow us to process electronic transactions, including credit and debit card transactions.
In order for you to use the electronic transaction facilities that we make available in connection with our services, some of your personal information will be supplied to ANZ and PayPal. In some circumstances, information you supply will be collected directly by ANZ and PayPal, and will not be disclosed or available to us.
ANZ and PayPal may be required by law to collect and disclose personal information about you, for example, under counter terrorism and anti-money laundering legislation.
ANZ and PayPal may disclose your personal information to service suppliers and companies and organisations that they have a commercial relationship with, or to other organisations or authorities that they are authorised or required by law to disclose to.
You may request access to information held about you by ANZ by contacting ANZ on 13 13 14 and select the option to speak to a Customer Service Representative or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may request access to information held about you by PayPal by contacting PayPal on 1800 073 263 or by writing to the PayPal Privacy Officer, PayPal Australia, Locked Bag 10, Australia Square PO, Sydney NSW 1215.
If your personal information is not supplied to ANZ and PayPal, you may not be able to use some or all of the electronic transaction facilities we make available in connection with our services.
- Use of personal information by Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to record information about the number of and types of visitors to the Jumpa website.
We use remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. We also use display advertising.
Third party vendors, including Google, show Jumpa ads on websites across the Internet.
Jumpa and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google
Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to the Jumpa website. See Google
AdSense to find out more about cookies.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads using the Google Ads Preferences Manager.
You can also use the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on to instruct the Google Analytics
Java script not to send any information about the website visit to Google Analytics.
- Direct Marketing
We may also use and disclose your personal information to send direct marketing to you from us and/or from third parties including, without limitation, social networking sites, our related bodies corporate, commercial associates, suppliers and business partners, agents, consultants, professional advisers, who work with us to help provide, promote or improve the products, services or benefits we provide.
The direct marketing may relate to the products, services and benefits we provide or the products, services or benefits of other parties or to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you.
You may opt-out of receiving this direct marketing through the unsubscribe function that will be made available to you with each direct marketing communication, by going to your Personal Profile section of our website at www.jumpa.com.au or by e-mail to our customer service team at email@example.com.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using cookies. A cookie is a text file, which is generated by your internet browser and stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies help us monitor how visitors are using our website and allow us to improve our site and to deliver a more personalised web experience. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate, whereas others are aimed at enhancing and personalising your user experience.
Information collected via cookies may also be used for providing you with marketing and Promotional material when you use the internet. You can control your cookies in your internet browser’s settings.
- How does Jumpa store and protect personal information?
Jumpa stores personal information in a combination of computer storage facilities, paper based files and other records. In doing so, we have taken numerous steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Additionally, we take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information when we no longer need it.
The internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, we cannot and do not accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the internet, or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
- How you can access your personal information
Jumpa will take reasonable steps to keep personal information it collects, uses and retains about you accurate and up-to-date. This may include periodically requesting your confirmation of the accuracy of the information we hold about you.
If there are any errors in the personal information we hold about you, or if you tell us that any of your personal information has changed (for example, your address), we will correct and update the information we hold about you.
At your request, we will provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you, unless an exception to the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) applies. We may charge a fee for retrieving this information, in which case we will inform you of the fee and obtain your agreement to that fee before providing the information.
Please visit our website, complete and submit the Personal Information Request form if you would like to obtain a record of your personal information that Jumpa holds.
- How to contact us or make a Privacy Complaint
PO Box 77
Belrose West NSW 2085
Complaints will be forwarded to Jumpa’s Privacy Officer who will acknowledge and respond to complaints within 30 days.
he response will confirm whether or not there has been a breach. In the event of a breach the response will provide detailed information on what action is being taken to rectify the breach, how similar breaches will be prevented in the future and if there are any actions you should take to minimise the impact of any such breach.
Should you deem the resolution as unsatisfactory, or if there is failure to respond within the 30 day timeframe, a request to review the complaint and resolution can be made.
If you remain unsatisfied you can visit the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission on www.oaic.gov.au to lodge a further complaint.